Serving the maritime industry
Discovery Health offers the most comprehensive and integrated suite of services designed to manage medical risk at sea. Using our depth and breadth of global experience, we will proactively manage the health and medical needs aboard your vessels.
Our services are targeted at high-risk segments of the maritime industry, including:
- Commercial Shipping and Towing, including Shipyards, Stevedoring and Remote Longshore Operations
- Fishing and Seafood Processing, including Commercial Fishing Vessels and Shoreside Processing
- Research, Ready Reserve, Private Vessels and Yachts
Discovery Health, LLC offers a comprehensive range of medical risk management support, including:
- 24×7 Physician consultation support with recommendations for consideration by the vessel Master or appointed Medical Officer
- Assistance with ship diversion and medical evacuation coordination
- Arrangement of air and ground ambulance transportation and medical escort services on commercial flights
- Arrangement of medical and dental appointments in port
- Physician Driven Medical Monitoring
- Nurse Case Management Services
- Fitness-for-Duty and Respirator Screening Platforms
- Enhanced Officer Platform to assist credentialed mariners in preparation for medical recertification exams
- Medical Chest Design and DEA Compliant Controlled Substance Management
- Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) supply, support and medical control
- As needed, consulting in maritime medical risk management and complex medical cases.
We will work with you to build a best-practices medical risk management program tailored to your vessel operations.
Our mission is to help save lives, to improve the health and welfare of all employees with whom we interact, and to help them navigate the complex health care system. Through these services, we can reduce stress and anxiety during difficult times. We work with our clients to facilitate a mariner’s ability to work and support their families, while protecting the training and education you and they have invested in for their careers.